Thursday, March 1, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2

Thirteen Things about the Cat I never Met
I let mom choose a Thursday Thirteen because she is missing the cat I never met pretty hardcore.
  1. His name was Smith, but they called him Rines. (As in, Smitherines)
  2. He looked EXACTLY like that Jeter Harris fellow. (See photo comparison below.)
  3. He knew how to flush the toilet.
  4. He loved to drink from the faucet.
  5. He tried to escape to the outside all of the time.
  6. He laid on his back, paws up.
  7. He was a Momma's boy. (Wesson likes Daddy best.)
  8. He wrapped his whole furbody around Mom's leg when they took naps.
  9. He weighed 18lbs!! (A whole lot compared to my measly 6lbs., not much compared to Wesson's 25lbs!)
  10. He escaped once and no one knew for a few hours. He tried to climb back in through the closed window but it didn't work.
  11. When Daddy picked him up, he wouldn't let Rines down unless he squeaked.
  12. He is Wesson's real official littermate brother cat.
  13. He was the coolest cat ever. (I disagree, Mom.)

Photo Comparison of the Cat I Never Met and Jeter Harris

15 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

It sounds like he was a great cat! :) He could flush the human litter box? Wow, that's impressive!

Daisy said...

I wish I could have met Rines. I like to drink from the faucet too! And, since he looked just like Jeter Harris, he must have been great!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Rines wuz a grrreat cat, and he sure enuff looked like JH! Wow 18 pounds...I only weigh 6 like yu. I is a furry small little gurl. Momma says I have the softest down like furr...I donnknoo what "down" means. My furrs is up not down. Momma is crazy sometimes, is yurs?

Your
Gracie

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

lookit him! mi long lost brudder! dat iz verree impressiv dat he wuz able to do thingz like flush da toilet. i'm gonna try dat after i finish chasin mi noo brudder matsui all over da howse!
i'm laffin an laffin!
luv--yer smitherine'z relashun--jh
ps--i luv seein me on yer blog!!

Tink said...

We can understand you there. Our mom still misses the nine cats she had before us. But she loves us a lot too! This week's TT is all about us, with pics. Come see if you want!
Love, Freyja & Bastet

Hot(M)BC said...

Aw it was nice of you to let your Mom do TT about Rines on your blog. He sound slike a cool cat. I did our TT this week, come see if you want :)
Purrrrrrs,
Mini

Mr. Hendrix said...

Wow, that is cool he could flush the people litterbox. I'll bet your mommy could teach you that. You're a smart kitty B Love.
No matter how long it is, the woofies and kitties who go before us are missed a lot. hugs and headbutts to your mommy. It sounds like she needs some extra snuggles from you today Buddy!

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

wow you do look a lilitt like my great feind JH he a great cat and a great freind I never been her before so it nice to meet you


Lilly Lu

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoor mom loves yoo too! Zippy sez dat mom will always be sad 'bout da one dat came afore but will also be sad bout us when we go to da bridge. Wow, 18 pounds, old Punkin wayed 19 at her top wate. I way 16 pounds and it's all mussel.~Speedy

The Meezers or Billy said...

awwwwww what a great kitty!! our mommy knows what it's like to miss a One Who Came Before furry much. She still misses Ralphie after 4 years!!!

DKM said...

Oh DKM loves the Smithereens!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Wow! Smith and Jeter Harris look like they were seperaytid at berth!!! Did Smith like to klime on roofs?

Kimo and Sabi said...

Wow - he DOES look like my best buddy Jeter!

Victor Tabbycat said...

He sounds like a pretty cool cat. An he looked like me!! I don't know which is Smith an which is JH! Give yur mom lotsa love an purrs. She needs to amember the good times wif Smith.

Tara said...

What a nice idea for a TT! Mom's thinking about asking me to do that!
Tara